Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Graduating

Cool Graduating

Hi there fellow mommy's and breastfeeding superwomen!

I am graduating myself to the 3-12 month olds because I now have a 14 week old daughter.

We have breastfed from the word go! Minor issues in the begining but had those resolved quickly.

I have tremendous support, my mom loves to share and watch me nurse my peanut, because she wasn't able too. My husband is awesome, he reads the articles I show him and for once he listens just to what I say no questions lol.

She has gained leaps and bounds, I think she's advanced for her age but I'm partial
    The doctors and nurses are awesome, they love her and my parenting plan.

I nurse on demand, she has a bottle 3 days a week, no problem, just started taking a paci, we never pushed one on her. I love love how everything is going. We also co-sleep, just her and I, daddy sleeps else where, which is yucky for me, I love sleeping with my husband, but she's only a baby once

I only wanted to share my experience and how this has inspired me to support other women and their decision to breastfeed. I've been told several times by girls my age, I'm 27, that it's gross, and sometimes "wow, really, your brave" or "wow, that has to hurt" but usually I get "eww, isn't it gross?" I can not believe there is this kind of reaction. I'm so proud of myself and our decision to give this gif to our daughter. I can not believe other women think its gross.

So I don't really have any questions, I just wanted to say hi, share my great experience, I would have given up if it weren't for the Le leche league. This is an amazing community and if I ever won the lottery, I would donate millions to this community!

Yay for nursing our little miracles I'm super proud

Default Re: Graduating

Way to go, mama and baby. May you enjoy many more months (years? ) of enjoyable breastfeeding!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

Congrats! It's awesome that you have such a supportive family. My husband supports me, but obviously knew even less than I did about breastfeeding going in than I did. My baby is the first in our family to be EBF for longer than 6 weeks. Wow. I can't believe the reactions that I have gotten as well. We made it to 6 months and people were already asking "how much longer are you going to do *that*?" I am a bit embarrassed to say that the fear of negative reactions has kept me from nursing too often in public settings. That hasn't stopped me, but I would often go to the car. Sad, sad. I just recently found the forums and wish I would've known about them sooner. Keep on keepin' on, momma!!!
    Momma to B. Born 11/27/11 at 10 lbs 2 oz.

Thanks ladies, I have wanted to go to the car, but my mom and my husband won't let me. So I feed publicly proudly. It's natural and the way it was designed. At least I use a cover

I plan on letting her decide when shes done because honestly, I've lost 50 lbs, and this is very addicting. I crave that special time I have with her. The way she looks at me, looks to me for nuishment. It's the most special feeling.

Congratulations on your "graduation"!

People's reactions can be so surprising! I am still shocked that my MIL (who was born in the 40s!) is so proud and supportive of my continued BFing my 10 month old that she just tells people at parties loud and proud! So cute.

And yes - my DH was totally ignorant too. But I think REAL men appreciate it for the beautiful miracle it is - the woman they love feeding the baby they love in a natural way!

Oh - and you can't beat the weight loss! I'm 10lbs lighter than I was pre-pregnancy, and I eat everything in sight! My DH has actually suggested that I nurse indefinitely for that reason. ;-)

Woohoo! Congrats! I know what ya mean when people think it's gross...I just don't get it. Breastfeeding is so beautiful and natural! Way to go!

I'm Erin, wife to a wonderful husband, and first time mother of Baby Will - 05/13/2012

"Keep calm and latch on!"