Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: PMS?!

Default PMS?!

So, after my first daughter was born, I didn't ovulate until she was 21 months old, when she was night-weaned. (Yay no periods - but I WAS getting a bit impatient for another pregnancy by the end!) I was charting so I knew when I ovulated for the next 5 months until I got pregnant again. Now DD2 is 6.5 weeks old, and I feel all my usual sings of PMS, so I'm a bit worried! Is that even possible? I know it is for some people because everyone's body is different, but I assumed that I would have somewhat of a similar experience to last time. DD2 does already sleep one 3-4 hour stretch each night (once she did 6 hours!), which DD1 didn't do for months and months - could that influence it so much?

Thanks for reading!

Edited to add, she nurses on demand, constantly all day it seems! and has had no formula or anything.

Default Re: PMS?!

It is definitely possible to get your fertility back early on. Your second postpartum experience isn't necessarily going to be the same as your first; your body changes so much over time!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"