Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I don't think I can do this anymore

Default Re: I don't think I can do this anymore

Dream feeding is helpful in many cases, it doesn't conflict with demand feeding because baby wouldn't eat if he doesn't want to.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thanks everyone, I definitely won't be shocked if her sleeping habits change. And I think I'll take this sleep while I can get it.

I had read about dreamfeeding, too, but had never thought about trying it because my baby had been going to bed so late. Last night she feel asleep around 8 while I was nursing her in bed so I left here there and she slept until we got into bed at around 10:30. It was so nice to have some grown-up time in the evening (folding laundry, lol!!)

Before we went to bed, I was feeling like I wanted to feed her. More for my own comfort than anything else (my breasts were feeling a bit full and I didn't particularly want to go to bed like that) and tried to tickle her lips with my nipple but she just shut her mouth tight! It was very cute. So I thought it wasn't going to work and I didn't want to wake her up. But then when I was picking her up to put her into the co-sleeper, she woke up and wanted to nurse so I nursed her. She was still awake but drowsy so I changed her diaper and put her in the co-sleeper and she went straight to sleep. And then she slept until 6 am again!! Which was great. I imagine she would have been awake at 2 or 3 am without that feeding. I don't know that I would wake her up on purpose to dreamfeed but I can see why it's pretty nice!

yeah after baby regains birthweight, unless there is some outside issue I don't wake a sleeping baby!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language