Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Alternatives to cheerios?

Question Alternatives to cheerios?

We are doing bls and so far I've just given my lo large stick shaped fruits and veggies our whole fruits and veggies. She is def just playing/experimenting so far as she spits most of it out still. She is almost 8 mths and I think she is in the verge of learning the pincher grin and I want to give her some smaller pieces to play with but I'm not sure what is safe. Plus I done have access to cheerios or anything similar here and don't really feel the need to give her carbs yet. Anyone have suggestions?
    I'm Elizabeth, first time mom to Sofia Kerala, born Jan. 6, 2012 at home.

We are happily , , , and .

I'm an international teacher-librarian , currently working in Brazil.

Default Re: Alternatives to cheerios?

We use the Happy Baby Organic Puffs. They're like Cheerios, but dissolve quickly in their mouths. But be warned -- they stick to the babies' hands and mouths, so you'll find them all over the place.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

We did the same and liked them, but they are a mess. I'm not sure what you would have access to where you are at though.
    FT working momma to a 9/11/10 busy boy and 11/13/12 happy little man.
    Also wife to hubs since 8/23/08, bonus momma to H (girl) -99 and G (boy)-03

Pre-squashed blueberries or peas, maybe. Ideally, once she learns her pincher grip she is at a point where she can handle small soft things in her mouth, so as long as the food is soft or easily dissolves in her mouth it should be okay.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Little rounds of cooked carrot, beans of all sorts; my 9 mo LO is loving lentils right now.
    mama to a little raccoon, born under the full moon, Nov '11