Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Newborn Hungry Between Midday and 3pm

Default Newborn Hungry Between Midday and 3pm

My 17 day old boy, for the last 3 days, has been wide awake and constantly wanting to feed. He gives me all the signs he has had enough but 2 minutes after putting him down he is crying for more. This has happend between the hours of 12pm-3pm. He is perfectly fine all other hours, sleeping and feeding well. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Newborn Hungry Between Midday and 3pm

It may just be his "fussy time". He doesn't know any other way to comfort himself yet, but you comfort him. He loves you!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

My suggestion would be get comfortable and nurse or hold him during that time. Enjoy cuddling with your new little one! If having a name helps you, it's called cluster feeding. Here's an article you might find helpful. http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

yup sounds like a great time to just put your feet up and nurse.
    sometimes they just need to nurse.

Ah yes, cluster feedings.. gotta love 'em. My LO definitely had those moments.. Usually it was at night, between 8 and 10pm. He would nurse for 2 hours! At first it drove me nuts... Then eventually I just figured it was what he needed to do, so I just let him nurse as much as he needed to and he would fall fast asleep when he was done. It's definitely a GREAT excuse to just sit and relax and not have to do anything else (and with 2 other kids under the age of 4, I will take all those moments I can get!).

Hang in there!!!