Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kitchen aide stand mixer

Default Kitchen aide stand mixer

I don't want to purchase a baby food maker that is specific to baby. I own a very tiny food processor and don't particularly like it. A coworker had said that I might be able to use my kitchen aide stand mixer (which I already own). Anyone use this or know how to use it to do baby food?

Default Re: Kitchen aide stand mixer

You definitely don't need a baby food maker. Many moms here do something called baby led solids, which doesn't even use purees. You can mash bananas and avocados with a fork or use soft baked potato. I haven't used my stand mixer for baby food (well, I got it when my daughter was 18 mos anyway). But really with cooking or cutting things up you should be fine without any processor.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: Kitchen aide stand mixer

Take steamed veggies and soft fruits, stick 'em in the mixer, and keep mixing until they look right to you.

A lot of moms skip purees altogether. All you really have to do is to steam vegetables and take soft fruits and mash them with a fork. Babies do better with textures than people think they will, especially when the food is somewhat textured right from the beginning.

ETA: sorry to simply repeat what the PP said! we posted at the same time.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"