Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Baby sleeps in crib and I feel bad

Default Re: Baby sleeps in crib and I feel bad

We invested in a king, a real one (not a California King) when I was pregnant with number 2. Lifesaver, both for bedsharing while pregnant and for bedsharing with 2 kids after baby came.

My husband never would let us put the mattress on the floor, although I think that is the safest option. Instead we have a low bed (just a frame.) We used a detachable mesh style bed rail until I became concerned baby could/would crawl over it or around it without waking me. I forget at what age this was but somewhere after 8 months probably? Close to a year I think. Every kid is different in nighttime shenanigans, luckily mine have seemed to prefer snuggling into me than flopping away and off bed or night wandering. Anyway, by then we had moved older sibling to his own room and baby was large enough/old enough we personally felt fine having baby in between us in the middle of the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jklinsky View Post
    So I'm reading a little more and just discovered that cosleeping doesn't necessarily mean in bed with you!? So if I couldn't fit the crib there, maybe a playpen or something on floor next to bed.....
    Do you have a guest room or a place where you could put a mattress on the floor or a bed with a railing? With DD1 we side cared the crib but with the rest of my DDs we just split us in different rooms. I would always slept with the newborn and DH with the toddler at the time. You could be the one migrating to another room with your DD, that way your BF will stay in the room. That said, I think wyou will need to talk about his feelings towards the baby, his jealousy so he doesn't feel left out

I do have another room, in which I would actually be happy to even sleep on a floor made bed with baby lol, it's funny you mention your husband sleeping with the toddler because mine loves to have our 3 year old with us when he comes to our room in the middle of the night. a bed rail is a great idea too lllmeg, I would love to have a bigger bed, problems would be solved! But we just bought our queen bedroom set a year ago without anything like all this in mind :/
    anyways Its been another week or so and I'm still just getting up and down with her, she's in her crib and I listen thru a monitor all night. Last night she only woke once. I feel like it's going so so. I think she's adjusting because last night I put her in awake and she fell asleep without having to nurse like always and she didn't even fuss.
    I am a 26 yr old Registered Nursing student, and more importantly a happy mom!
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12
    I love and I love my kids

Last night she slept 6 hrs without waking. Bittersweet. I don't think i want her to stop needing her "nursies" (as I call it) at night.
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12

This topic is makes me crazy. I feel guilty for not doing what my sister ans everyone else advises (CIO) - is my DD manipulating me?

Bu I feel gut wrenching awful when she cries like that.

I choose guilty and I don't mind being "manipulated" at this point. At least I don't feel neglectful.

Anyway, we as moms WILL feel guilty for something. In this case let it be for disregarding others' advice.

I know, me too.
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tinismom View Post
    This topic is makes me crazy. I feel guilty for not doing what my sister ans everyone else advises (CIO) - is my DD manipulating me?

Bu I feel gut wrenching awful when she cries like that.

I choose guilty and I don't mind being "manipulated" at this point. At least I don't feel neglectful.

Anyway, we as moms WILL feel guilty for something. In this case let it be for disregarding others' advice.
    Rule of thumb: Trust your instincts. If it feels wrong, then it's wrong. If some people feel right by letting their child CIO, it's their problem. I haven't slept more than 4 hrs in a row in over 5 years and I still enjoy our night time nursing. They will grow up very soon and they won't need us as much, they won't ask to nurse when they are 10 years old, they will rather go and play with their friends than stay with their mom and ask for a hug, not to mention later on! So I enjoy every second of my tired life, every sip of DD3's nursing at night, no matter if it's 2, 3 or 10 times. And I have to deal with 2 more girls during the day, who wake up at 6am every day!

Go with your gut, if you are not comfortable with the situation it is not the right decision. Get a monitor for sure! If you and the bf decide that cosleeping is okay you can always get a bedrail to keep baby from falling out of bed and that way you can sleep in the middle, which may make bf more comfortable with the whole idea. You could just put her crib in your room too, that way you both win!