Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby sleeps in crib and I feel bad

Default Re: Baby sleeps in crib and I feel bad

CIO has been proven to be harmful to babies developmentally. Can you side car your crib to your bed?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*browncow View Post
    We've been trying to gently move DD to her room. She will start the night in her room then when she first wakes I'll bring her back to ours.
    We did this for a long time. I would nurse DS to sleep around 7 or 7:30 and put him in his crib, I would dream feed him around 10:30 or 11:00 then go to bed. When he woke up again, usually sometime between 2:00 and 4:00 am I would bring him into bed with me to sleep for a few more hours. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

DD has slept in her crib since she was about 2 weeks old. It's in our room though. And she's never left to CIO. She sometimes fusses (and sometimes cries) at bed time, but I'm there with her patting her.

If you can't move her crib to your room, get a monitor. She may not even be waking in the night. It's probably different for everyone, but I've found that I can sleep through a lot, but if DD make the slightest peep I'm awake!

Thank you all for your replies, some very good advice! I used a monitor the past 2 nights and baby HAS been waking up 2-3 times to nurse. Makes me feel terrible because now I'm sure I just wasn't hearing her cry the first couple nights when I didn't use one and thought she was sleeping thru. Her room is far away from ours. Boyfriend won't be happy if I bring her back to our room but I gotta remember it's not about him. And I'm the one who gets up with her obviously. I agree she will sleep thru when she is ready and I'm not cool with forcing her to by crying it out. I think it's damaging as well. But It sounds like she will do better with age? I don't mind getting up with her tho, ever. I completely cherish every moment with her. I sometimes can't wait for her to wake from naps so I can love on her lol she's so sweet. Her dad/my boyfriend is pretty supportive but can be a little "misinformed" at times too. He thinks doctors know everything. Yes they're smart but so are us breast-feeding mothers. I'm interested in side car- ing but im not sure how and would have to move heavy furniture. Im Sorry this is so long but I feel like this is all very complicated. I still may keep her in her room and nurse her as she wakes....does anyone see much harm in that? Thanks again to everyone too, I appreciate it and the links.
    I am a 26 yr old Registered Nursing student, and more importantly a happy mom!
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12
    I love and I love my kids

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

If it feels right, there's no harm. The only problem I see with that is that you ARE going to be very tired. Side-car crib was the best decision I've made when DD1 was born. It took me about 11 months to decide to try it out. Co-sleeping wasn't working out with her as DH was uncomfortable so I decided to give it a try. It saved my co-sleeping relationship LOL We used the website Jenna posted above

That is so great thank you, I can see myself getting worn out soon too also because I'm not used to even getting out of bed to nurse baby, I always would wake up feeling rested because I nursed in my sleep.
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12

A sidecar crib is one of those things I realized too late that it would have been a good idea. I spent months co-sleeping with DS in the guest bed because we all couldn't fit together in one bed. I refused to get one at the time because I didn't want to have more baby stuff, but it really would have been a better idea, I think.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I really want to sidecar now, but I know my boyfriend won't be happy. he is supportive of me BF but he's also very stubborn. He doesn't want her in bed with us which she would be when I put her in the middle to nurse one side.....right? I don't really want her there either because while I've always had that sixth sense where I'm very "aware" of baby, well I rolled over away from her in my sleep the very last time she w in bed with us and I've NEVER done that, it scared me that I'm gonna smother her or let dad roll onto her. Anyways, she's been in her crib a week I'm getting tired getting up and down all night. How do I convince stubborn baby daddy to let me co sleep?? I have a huge vanity I would need his help moving to do it... I want my girl next to me!
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12

So I'm reading a little more and just discovered that cosleeping doesn't necessarily mean in bed with you!? So if I couldn't fit the crib there, maybe a playpen or something on floor next to bed.....
    born 12/2/05
    born 3/9/09.
    born 2/12/12