Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast shells

Default Breast shells

How do you know if your shells fit correctly? If they are too small does this hinder anything?

Default Re: Breast shells

Are you talking about the flanges for pumping? If so, this seems like the favorite link around here: http://www.ameda.com/breast-pumping/...w-can-i-get-it and this thread has a pretty comprehensive discussion of it: http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...f-breastshield
    mama to a little raccoon, born under the full moon, Nov '11

So based on the info, I actually think I need a smaller size. My areolas are sorer than the nipple itself. I often have milk on the outer rim as well. I am hoping I will be able to pump more with the right size. Is this correct?

you might have to experiment to find what works best for you (in terms of comfort and output). and what works might change over your pumping career, and might be different between the left and the right. go with your gut about the smaller size, try it out, and see how it goes. you can always switch back, or to a larger size.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Do you measure prior to pumping or during pumping.

measure what?
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.