Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best milk storage bags? No leaks!

Default Best milk storage bags? No leaks!

Hi all, does anyone know which storage bags don't leak? I'm using the Lansinoh bags but have read on Amazon reviews that these bags leak! I haven't defrosted any bags yet but thinking of switching to another brand. Would hate to waste any precious milk when I finally go back to work...

Also, if anyone has any tips on best way to freeze/store or other products they're using, pls let me know!

Default Re: Best milk storage bags? No leaks!

I've used Medela and Lansinoh bags and neither have leaked for me.

I'm Erin, wife to a wonderful husband, and first time mother of Baby Will - 05/13/2012

"Keep calm and latch on!"

I only use Lansinoh. My milk had problems (freezer burn, smelled sour) with Medela and Ameda bags. The double zipper seems to prevent leaks.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

with #2, due mid-June. Will I ever sleep again?

i really liked lansinoh, no leaks, but i've also heard recommendations for honeysuckle.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I use Medela bags and have never had a leak per se, though a couple of times I have spilled milk because I thought the zipper was completely closed and it wasn't.

My milk DOES usually taste soapy after being defrosted (even though it's been scalded first), but I thought that was due to my lipase issue, not the bags I use.
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!

Honeysuckle. Hands down. Too bad I didn't find them until I wasn't going through 250+ a month.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!