Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Lilly Padz really work?

Default Do Lilly Padz really work?

I just bought some Lilly Padz at Motherhood and was wondering if they really work as well as advertized. I have always used disposable nursing pads in the past. Has anyone used these?

Default Re: Do Lilly Padz really work?

I used them a little bit I couldn't get the leaking to completly stop with them. I used them for over night so I could go braless they worked ok its just the sticky that makes them stick makes you a little tender when you take them off but it says that may last a little while to you get use to them. They may work better for you but I liked them OK. HTH

I would say they would most likely be best for short periods of time as they don't allow any air flow. Problems could arise if one is prone to thrush.

Just a thought

FWIW I used cloth diapers in my shirt at night. It's the only thing that saved my mattress. I don't leak as much any more - 9mo later
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I liked to use my Lily Padz if I was wearing a dress or form fitting top for a nice occasion (wedding & class reunion in my case). They conceal very well and hold the milk in. They DID NOT stop me from leaking, just contained the milk, so I had to empty them carefully every couple hours or before nursing. I didn't wear them daily.

My Lily Padz worked for me and lost thier stickyness after a while, I also got mastitis because I used them too often and you are unable to leak when you are engorged, but I learned my lesson!They worked right up till I didn't leak anymore.

I have only used mine when I had to wear an outfit I didnt want the outline of nursing pads. I found them hard to discreetly remove and put back on...
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by homeandhappy View Post
    I liked to use my Lily Padz if I was wearing a dress or form fitting top for a nice occasion (wedding & class reunion in my case). They conceal very well and hold the milk in. They DID NOT stop me from leaking, just contained the milk, so I had to empty them carefully every couple hours or before nursing. I didn't wear them daily.
    this is what happened to me the first time I used mine, too. I found out that you have to apply it VERY firmly to the nipple, then flip the rest of the cup on and you won't leak at all. But the good news is, even if you apply it "wrong" you still have leak protection

I liked them ok and still use them occasionally for special occasions. However, I do not recommend them for everyday wear. They allow NO air to get to your nipples which can cause other problems. I'm convinced i got mastitis and a cracked nipple from wearing them all the time. As soon as i stopped and went back to regular washable pads for everyday use (and healed) I have never had another problem.

It seems to vary from mother to mother (as you might guess, reading this thread). I know of one mother who found them very irritating to her breasts.

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Great for special occasions, I loved them. But not prone to thrush or engorgement. They definitely make a mess when you nurse, the other side makes a huge splash! They work, though, if you get them on right.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...