Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby #2 is A WALK IN THE PARK!! :)

Default Baby #2 is A WALK IN THE PARK!! :)

I must share that with DS1 (now 2.5) breastfeeding was challenging (sore & cracked nipples, over-active letdown, feelings of embarrassment for NIP). I plowed through it all -ed at work until he was 12 months old and tandem nursed (once a day) through 2nd pregnancy.

Now with DS2 I'm surprised at how easy it was to start up full-fledged nursing again!!! No issues what-so-ever! It feels great to be such an amazing source of nourishment, comfort, and protection (from illness) for my boys. Two more years here we GO!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAHM- "left a job where ppl did what I told them to do, for a job where no one does...still LOVE IT!!!

Mom to DS1 2-1-10 & DS2 Cinco de Mayo Baby!

Default Re: Baby #2 is A WALK IN THE PARK!! :)

How awesome, thanks for sharing!!

My 2nd nursling was easier too (she block fed, didn't fight sleep, etc). Having that first experience and heading into a second really makes a difference!

WTG!
    Punk-rock luvin mate to DH and mama to DD1 (born '03) , DD2 (born '08) and nursling DS (born '11) who survived infant botulism.

Default Re: Baby #2 is A WALK IN THE PARK!! :)

Awesome. When you say tandem nursed through second pregnancy, were you nursing 2 kids and pg? Or do you mean nursing while pg? I ask because I nursed through my pg and tandem nursed when DS2 was born and I totally agree with you. My second was a dream compared to the first, I wonder if it's because we didn't have any break I between. Like our bodies were used to nursing so they just upped production. Whatever it was I will take it!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language