Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: screaming baby

Default screaming baby

so ladies.. I have been back to work for 6 weeks now.. we are still EBF.. My LO does ok switching from bottle to breast.. once in awhile we have to trick her. we put the Pacifier in her mouth, let her suck a couple times and then latch her on.. Usually does the charm! my question is... and not sure if this is the right forum. but here it goes.. Starting last week... my LO who is with Dad during the day while I'm at work.. has been screaming almost the whole time i've been gone. now, she is fine when she is being held... standing up and walking around. of course, at some point dad has to put her down.. and she pretty much screams and yells the whole time. Now this doesn't seem to be every day.. but most days. I work 5 days a week. Now, my Dad has her two afternoons a week and she has been screaming alot with him too.. but when i walk in the door and take her, she stops... does anyone else's child do this! she does get fussy with me... but it doesn't seem to be as much.... any advice..

Default Re: screaming baby

Can your DH and your dad wear your baby in a wrap? That will give her the closeness she needs and hands free to her caregivers

well, i did leave them the option of using my moby.. not sure they can figure it out.. lmao.. but i also have a baby bjorn carrier.. I have suggested it to my Dh... it seems to be a no go for him.. but I know my dad would def try it.

Your DH should definitely at least try using the carrier. Then he can decide if he really doesn't like it or if it doesn't help. But I would leave both the moby and baby bjorn with the caregivers, and help them figure out how to use both safely. Other than that, have they tried a swing or vibrating chair? Also, maybe you could try leaving something that smells like you, like a piece of clothing your DH or dad could keep near her.

I'm Erin, wife to a wonderful husband, and first time mother of Baby Will - 05/13/2012

"Keep calm and latch on!"