Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exercising & Breastfeeding

Question Exercising & Breastfeeding

Ive heard that working out too hard will lower your supply. Is this true? I love to workout and to workout hard but Im afraid to since my supply is JUST ENOUGH for my baby girl right now. She is 5 1/2 months old now

Default Re: Exercising & Breastfeeding

Not true, or at least not universally true. Hard workouts don't usually lead to reduced supply, but poorly fitted exercise bras and very rapid weight loss certainly can.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

OK. I wear a good bra and sometimes 2 just in case. Im trying to shoot for 1-1.5 pounds a week. Thanks

What sort of bra do you wear? Is the support via compression, or does it support more fram the band and shoulders?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

I actually wear a nursing sports bra and a Victoria's Secret VSX... I have to wear 2 since Im a 38D

I use to only wear the VS and sometimes still do... but if I know that its going to be alot of jumping around, I wear both...

Check out Title Nine's collection of "3 barbells" bras. Excellent for larger sizes!