Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having to apologize for bf at 2yrs

Default Re: Having to apologize for bf at 2yrs

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreagon View Post
    In my family i am the first one BF this long (17 months) and when someone asks me : when will you stop? I say: probably when she starts going to the university
    I like your response! I agree, you don't have to be confrontational but you should not apologize. Great job on bfing your twins this long.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

My cousin bf but hated it and weaned early so made me feel bad that I am still doing it.
    it sounds like your cousin made her own personal choice about breastfeeding, and you have every right to make your own personal choice, even if it is a different choice. Just as it would not be appropriate for you or anyone else to chastise her about weaning when she did, it seems inapropriate for you to be chastised for nursing. I am talking about verbal chastising. The act of nursing your children has nothing to do with your cousin or anyone else except you and your children.

If your cousin feels badly about not nursing longer, that is not your fault.
    Last edited by @llli*lllmeg; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

I bf my now 2 1/2 year old for 2 years basically because my son will not drink cow's milk and formula is not even an option for me with all of the chemicals they put into it. So he held my breasts hostage a year longer than I had planned and only because I found out I am pregnant again did release them. His brother to come will pick up where he left off. I am enjoying the break though...lol.