Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Problems with different positioning

Default Problems with different positioning

Hello,

I'm new to the forums and lll in general, but have heard wonderful things from friends.

I have a 3 1/2 month old. When at home we usually use the cross cradle hold with the help of a hoppy, but when we're out and about I can't seem to hold him in this position so I usually try cradle. When he's in any position that somewhat faces me he eats for a small time then just likes to smile and soak both of us with milk. It's adorable, but not so practical when out and about. Seems like the only way I can keep him nursing is not to make eye contact. Has anyone else had this happen?

He's also started occasionally vocalizing while nursing. Cute, but is it normal too?

Default Re: Problems with different positioning

sounds normal to me. Baby loves you and wants to let you know. Nursing is a time of connection and communucation as well as feeding. If baby really must eat and not making eye contact helps with the distraction why not? At this age babies aften get distracted at the breast so you can do whatever works. but this social behavior at the breast is entirely healthy and developmentally normal. For the mess, I suggest bring an extra shirt for you on outings as well as change of clothes for baby and extra burp cloths and don't worry over 'spilled' milk.

Default Re: Problems with different positioning

What an easy solution! I pack everything for him in the diaper bag and it never occurred to me to pack a top for me. Thanks