Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please help we are 19 months & my supply is dwindling :(

Default Please help we are 19 months & my supply is dwindling :(

19 months of going strong BFing and in the past few weeks my supply has really dropped. My 19 MO nurses in the am when she wakes, before I leave for work around 7:30 and then while I am away she takes a bottle for her noon nap. She then nurses when I get home sometimes and again to sleep at 7 and is sleeping through the night usually. I pump at work once still for her nap time bottle, but my supply has dwindled and only get 2-2.5 oz. I usually pump at 2 pm.

I have tried fenugreek with a little bit improvement, but not much and I have to take a lot of it. I really don't want to add back in another pumping session, but my LO won't take cow's milk for her naps - we tried almond milk too.

What should I do? Are there any other tricks to get to accept another milk or anything else I can do to boost my supply? Or is a bottle of 2 oz enough if she gets yoghurt and cheese also during the day?

We really aren't ready to wean, on the weekends my LO nurses 5-6 times a day still.
    Mummy to LoLo

We luv cloth baby bums!

Default Re: Please help we are 19 months & my supply is dwindling :(

If you want her to have more than 2 ounces, you would probably have to pump another time during the day. She's nursing two to three times a day on your work days? I think it's probably ok if she is getting yogurt and cheese. That should be enough to provide her with enough calcium without worrying about pumping more or adding in another milk. Is she ok with the 2 ounces in the bottle or does she seem to want more.

You are a dedicated mama to still be pumping. I am not pumping for my girl who is 19 months today.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

At that age I wouldn't worry too much. She is most probably getting enough calcium from other sources. I never gave a bottle so I have no idea how much they actually drink, I nursed 2.5 years DD1 and DD2, even tandem at one point. I don't think you should worry too much. I would enjoy the moment and enjoy the nursing relationship

2 oz often isn't enough for naptime, I have been taking a lot of fenugreek and got it to 2.5. Hopefully I can get it back to 3 oz or so...

Is it OK to add like .5 oz of water to my milk?
    Mummy to LoLo

We luv cloth baby bums!

Yeah, if she will drink it, there's nothing wrong with adding water to it. Have you ever tried adding cow's milk or almond milk to your milk?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months