Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk supply concerns...again

Default milk supply concerns...again

I stopped birth control pills a week ago. Milk supply seemed to shoot right up. Baby gained 6oz in a week..LC was pleased and we didint have to worry about her lack of weight gain anymore..until...2 days ago where the awful feeling of emptiness returned. Here is the pattern:
    Baby goes on what feels to me as an empty breast. Baby fusses with grunting until let down. A few minutes later let down begins baby sucks long and hard. About 1 minute goes by and baby is not getting a good flow of milk..she gets fussy again. Sucks fast and no second let down. Sometimes i switch breasts and i get the same result.
    is this low milk supply? In the mornings when she first eats after a 6-7 hour sleep my breasts are full and let down is immediately. What is happening? Are my breasts really empty...and why? I had to supplement her with 3oz of stored breast milk. I was so upset. Please help me.

Default Re: milk supply concerns...again

I replied in your other post too so check on that one. Read this article: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supp...east-fullness/
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Original poster: I could have written that myself! I have been in tears today fearing that I will have to supplement soon. I gave lo a bottle of stored milk bc she was so fussy at the breast after the let down was so short lived. I'm drinking mothers milk tea today and a ton of water as well as pumping to see if it helps! I'm so worried. I bf my first for 15 months so I have no idea what's going on now
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Original poster: I could have written that myself! I have been in tears today fearing that I will have to supplement soon. I gave lo a bottle of stored milk bc she was so fussy at the breast after the let down was so short lived. I'm drinking mothers milk tea today and a ton of water as well as pumping to see if it helps! I'm so worried. I bf my first for 15 months so I have no idea what's going on now
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and