Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Connecting with other working mothers/children?

Default Connecting with other working mothers/children?

Here is a new mother's question for New Beginnings (LLLUSA) Magazine. Can you help this mother? Please feel free to be as detailed as you like, and be aware that your answer may be edited and published in an upcoming issue. You can send me a private message, if you like and, as always, thanks!
    Here is the question:

"I am one of onlytwo breastfeeding mothers that I know who also work outside the home. Myfriends and acquaintances who stay at home with their children seem to havemany opportunities to share time with other mothers and children, but theredoesn’t seem to be as much available for working mothers. How can I connect with other mothers?"

Winema N. Lanoue
    Contributing Editor, Making It Work
    New Beginnings Magazine (LLLUSA)

Default Re: Connecting with other working mothers/children?

Meetup.com is a great way to find other mothers and pick and choose the time and venue that works for you.

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks! Anyone else have experiences they want to share?

I recently put my 22 month old into a baby gymnastics class that meets when I am not working.
    It is a great bonding time for me and her, allows her to play and exercise and let's me connect with other momma's.
    I love it and so does she.
    Check and see if your City has something similar or if not many private Gymnastics Clubs have "mommy and me" classes for little ones.
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>

Some areas have LLL groups designed for the working moms which would be a great place to meet other moms who are both working & breastfeeding. Maybe contact a local leader to inquire. If there isn't one, your call might initiate the formation of a group for the benefit of you & other working moms.

The moms at my work created a playdate group on Facebook with listings of outings that everyone is invited to join. Even though I have yet to be able to attend outings, this group has made it more enjoyable to connect with these moms while at work.

If you're on Facebook, you can try to look for Facebook Groups that cater to working moms. You can also try other forums or websites like llli.org over the internet.

Sadly I was rejected from even joining a meetup.com group because they mostly had activities during the week that I couldn't attend.

I'm sorry to hear that. How about www.craigslist.org? It has sections for groups and community events.