Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby wont latch

Unhappy Baby wont latch

I breastfed my son exclusively for three months. at the beginning of July, I had to go back to work and we introduced formula and bottle fed him. A week after going back to work, I had to leave him for three days to attend a meeting outside the country. When I came back, he refused to be breastfed, I thought he was just on a strike and things willl go back to normal. Its been over a month now, he still refuses to latch. I have to express all the time and am getting tired of it now. When I try to slip in my nipple in his sleep or in between the pacifier, he can feel the nipple and will cry.

What can I do to attract him back to the nipple. I miss the breatfeeding times we had with him before all these happened.

Default Re: Baby wont latch

This link covers all the ways I know of to lure a baby back to the breast: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/. The skin-to-skin and instant reward techniques are supposed to be especially helpful.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"