Congratulations!

I always suggest that moms simply inform themselves of what is normal and what is not and don't freak out about what is normal. And be prepared to stand up for what you know is right. I just had my third baby and even despite my experience and knowledge & even though I knew that my baby was doing great-I was freaked out a bit by all the opinions/thoughts/cautions etc. coming at me in the hospital. If I had been a first time mom I would have had lots of needless concerns & doubts.

Here is another kellymom article I like, http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing/ also, since you have plenty of time, I suggest you attend one or more LLL meetings if you can or at least contact a local Leader so you know who is around should questions arise, and also, get the book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (8th edition, 2010) and read the first few chapters.

All babies pretty much need the same things-enough to eat and lots of comfort in the safe arms of mom or another trusted adult. but the experience of formula feeding is often different in many ways from breastfeeding for mom. So be prepared for things to be a bit different in that sense as well.