Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wheezing sound whilst feeding?

Default wheezing sound whilst feeding?

So me again with a new question.
    I just took Hunter (LO) in for her 4 month check up yesterday - everything was great - now today she's started making this wheezing sound whilst feeding like she can't breathe very well, but she seems totally fine - she's started grunting a lot and just 'chatting' in general during feeds but this sound sounds like the start of asthma or something.
    Anyone else experienced this?
    I remember the pedi saying her lungs were great - so im sure its just a new sound she's discovered, albeit not a pleasant one for me!!

Thanks x

Default Re: wheezing sound whilst feeding?

IIRC, you have a kind of fast letdown, right? That can cause babies to make a wheezing noise when they nurse. My second kid sounded like a squeaky old hinge!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yes she chokes sometimes during the wheezing - and it's when she breathes in - I have no gray hairs but I swear I'll be gray soon!! Glad to hear that thanks Mommal x

My LO is very noisy when nursing, too. Sometimes she makes lots of those noises after she eats, too. The ped says it's totally normal. even tho it's giving me grey hairs too lol.