Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poop question

Default poop question

ok DD is just at 6 weeks. we have gotten to overproduction reasonably controled. i know she is getting more hind milk now. but she has gone from 15+ dirty diapers to >2, yesterday she didn't go all day and was miserable by 10pm. i used a small peice of glycerin suppository and she pooped about a cup, and it was the consistancy of paste. is this just her body "recovering" from the15+ and regulating itself, or should i be worrying? her wet diapers are fine, and she is eating well, no fever. we are going for a weight check today, but i'm sure that is fine as well.

Default Re: poop question

It's perfectly normal to go longer periods of time without pooping as they get older. My daughter is 7 months old and now goes every 7-8 days without. No need for suppositories. Enjoy the fewer dirty diapers!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Default Re: poop question

good to know this is normal, thanks for the reply. i guess i was worried because we battled constipation with my older girl for so long, even though i know that was from the AR formula and the food she wasn't supposed to be getting from the sitter. you'd think i'd worry less with #4 but noooooo lol