Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's going on!?

Default Re: What's going on!?

Whoa and Whew!

I was just going to post a very similar question/vent. LO is 4 month old and drooling non-stop. Everything goes in the mouth -- she even tries to get her foot in there while we nurse. She's incredibly distracted while we nurse and, sigh, she no longer sleeps for a good 5.5 hour stretch. Plus, she's spitting up multiple times a day and often right after feeds.

I knew about the 4 month fussies from WAB. I didn't know if the spitting up was related and was getting a tad nervous that I was feeding too much (though, I know, "can't overfeed a BF baby & spit up = laundry problem, no more, no worse). We nurse much more than every 2 hours, but that's because I don't wait for cues before offering -- I need those little 2-3 mins nursing breaks or else I'll never sit again! Wasn't sure if that was why she was spitting up.

Once you get into the zone.... BAM! The fussies!
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vivsmaman View Post
    Whoa and Whew!

I knew about the 4 month fussies from WAB. I didn't know if the spitting up was related and was getting a tad nervous that I was feeding too much (though, I know, "can't overfeed a BF baby & spit up = laundry problem, no more, no worse). We nurse much more than every 2 hours, but that's because I don't wait for cues before offering -- I need those little 2-3 mins nursing breaks or else I'll never sit again! Wasn't sure if that was why she was spitting up.

Once you get into the zone.... BAM! The fussies!
    Wow yes!
    My LO feeds more than 2 hours as well and spits up every time and I like you also don't wait for her to crying, I figure if she isn't hungry
    she wont take it!

So crazy but comforting reading your post!!!!!

Same boat w ya gals!!
    Erin

So glad ha ha x
    If you're all in Brooklyn lets start a mothers group!

Aww, gal, I'm not but I would love to! I'm near ky/oh border- still trying to find a lll group thats not 1 1/2 away! Hope things are getting better for ya girlies!
    Ps- would it be possible for a 1st tooth to not be the usual place- down front, but more like 3 spaces down ?? I may be crazy but it looks like I see one there ???