Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding and Dentist....

Unhappy Breastfeeding and Dentist....

I have to get a tooth pulled tomorrow and have to be put under, They told me I could not breastfeed for 24 hours, but my daughter is 3 months and does not take a bottle yet. Is this true??

Help!!!

Default Re: Breastfeeding and Dentist....

Oh dear, it looks like this got missed. I'm so sorry about that.

How did it go?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

oh i hope it all went ok, I wouldn't have been able to help much as I have no idea - but please let us know how you went!?

It's not true! I hope everything went well.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

For future reference and for anyone else with the same question -- the general guideline is that once the anesthesia has worn off enough that you can safely hold your baby, it's also safe to nurse.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--