Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College in stone ages...Help!

Default Re: College in stone ages...Help!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gwendlynsmom View Post
    I don't know any administrative assistants to get on get terms and have them help?
    Although things might be a little different at a community college, at most universities academic departments have a main office with faculty mailboxes, a copy machine, printer, fax, supplies, etc. Usually there is one or two people who take care of the office, book department owned rooms for events, distribute paychecks, reimbursement checks, liaise with other departments/registrar/bursar/etc. If there is a main office for the department, then I would pop in and talk to whoever is working in there. Be friendly, explain your situation, and ask if if he or she is aware of any possible open space that you might be able to use. I would do this in person, not over the phone. When I was a grad student, I was often able to score rooms for various functions without getting the run around by going through one of the departmental secretaries/administrators.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Default Re: College in stone ages...Help!

Raejoy, thanks so much especially for the Civil Right Act part. I'm searching for a storage closet. ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. The first article is also interesting!

Thanks Phi, I will go to the school first thing on Monday, since we're going out of town now for the weekend. I know the faculty mailboxes are in a room (without any doors) through the back of the cafe. I will see who I can meet in person to explain things in the nursing department. Should I try speaking with a guidance counselor or school nurse (if there is one?) before speaking to all of the deans, do you think?

Thanks to all of you for your feedback.
    Last edited by @llli*gwendlynsmom; August 9th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.