Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Urgent please help

Exclamation Urgent please help

I Need to see my dentist today at 3 and he is going to take out my temp and put in a filling. A post along with other stuff? I'm sure he is going to numb my mouth. Will I still be able to bf and if I can't how long do I have to wait? My dd is 14months old. I've come such a long ways to quit now. Can someone please help me.

Default Re: Urgent please help

Your dentist will probably use Novocaine or something like it, and that's fine for nursing. Particularly with an older baby. So no reason to quit nursing or even take a break.

If you don't want to take my word for it- and why should you?!- contact the Infant Risk Center: http://www.infantrisk.com/
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Haha they are going to use lidocaine! I just called the receptionist she thought I was nuts! I typed in dental work in the search tons of questions on there. It is safe you are right thank you!! I am one happy mama which in return my dd will be happy too

many mamas i know (myself included) have had dental work done while nursing. i had a root canal when i was nursing my dd (2yrs), and everything was just fine.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

I had a crown when my daughter was about 14 mos. But yes, you're safe to nurse your child.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.