Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My husband wants me to stop breastfeeding after 8 months

Default Re: My husband wants me to stop breastfeeding after 8 months

pp's

My family, DH, and In-Laws all have very very very strong opinions, and nothing changes them. (Not even the researchers, AAP, WHO, etc.) So I've decided that I'm not going to worry about it anymore, if I'm directly asked a question I will tell them what I'm going to do. But I just let everyone talk I'm the one who takes care of my babies; I'm a SAHM, co-sleep , EBF on demand. So I've decided that I'm making the decisions, and I'm not going to continue to fight to try to convince our families and DH what is best.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try talking about it. But for me it didn't work... So I don't discuss it with him, if he pushes I tell him that I'm the one with them 24/7, so I'm going to do what works best and is best for us. He usually stops then. (My DH often acts differently around different family members and friends, so I ignore it unless he pushes )

We've kinda dropped the subject of our feeding habits, nobody usually brings it up anymore

Hope you figure something out for yourself
    Mother of 3 beautiful girls, and expecting baby number 4 in July

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

Default Re: My husband wants me to stop breastfeeding after 8 months

Exlusivineky pumping, which JA what our husband wants you to do, is way more work. And it killed all desire and energy to even want to talk to him, much less anything else. For a year. Point that out, and he might leave you alone
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!