Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Noisy eater

Default Noisy eater

I have a 10 week old who nurses great for the most part, but he just recently started making alot of noise when nursing during the day. For some reason he is taking in air and Im not sure why, he doesn't do it at night. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Noisy eater

Welcome to the forum! Can you describe the noises your baby makes? Is he gulping, coughing, spluttering, gagging, wheezing, humming, clicking? Do you happen to have a lot of milk? And do you feed in a different position at night than during the day?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It sounds like he is taking in a lot of air. I try to have him open his mouth wide, but at the last sec he closes his mouth a little so that he doesn't have a good latch. I do not feed in a different position at night, just slightly more reclined than daytime. He is gaining tons of weight and growing and is satisfied at the end of feedings, just gassy, burps several times. How do I get him to keep his mouth open wide?

Is it hurting you or bothering him? If not, it might be Ok.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!