Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it possible he still remembers?

Default Is it possible he still remembers?

We weaned DS2 when he was 22 months. That was 14 months ago. This evening, as we were snuggling at bedtime, I asked him if he remembered drinking Mommy's milk. He said, "Yes." And then he added, "But your milk made me sick."

Is it possible he remembers nursing? His "made me sick" comment could be referring to his reflux. Do you think? Or is it more likely he was just making something up that sounded good to him?

And, if he really does remember nursing and being sick all the time...golly, no wonder he's having such a hard time now if he was in so much discomfort all the time as a baby. Really wish I'd thought to try eliminating dairy with him like I've done with DS3...maybe things would be quite different now if I had...
    Last edited by @llli*pianosinger; August 3rd, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Default Re: Is it possible he still remembers?

Ds was weaned 7 months before dd was born, but he says he nursed as a baby. I don't know if he remembers or if he is just repeating what I say.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nsm View Post
    Ds was weaned 7 months before dd was born, but he says he nursed as a baby. I don't know if he remembers or if he is just repeating what I say.
    This is what I would have figured, too. But it's the "made me sick" that has me wondering...I don't recall ever telling him about my milk making him sick; I might have mentioned his spitting up a time or two in his hearing, but if he figured out to associate that with nursing, he must be extremely insightful.
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

I don't think they remember but DD1 nursed several times after DD3 was born, almost 9 months ago, she knew what to do! She is 5yo and she nursed until she was 2.5yo. I don't think DD2 remembers :'(