Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ladies... please help. im desperate.

Exclamation ladies... please help. im desperate.

Logan is 9 months. It has been AT LEAST 2 months since he has drank any breast milk while I'm at work. We have tried everything. Different bottles, sippies, water bottles, normal cups, hot milk, cold milk, room temp milk and even freshly pumped milk. He won't take any of it. Instead he makes up for it during the night. I'm beyond exhausted. He was sleeping 6 to 7 hours prior to his expressed milk refusal. Since it started I have not gotten more than 3 to 4 hours of sleep at a time and I can feel the negative effects its putting on me. My mood is suffering and I'm afraid he will pick up on it. What else can I do? He drinks water from a sippie cup like a champ but he will NOT drink milk from it. We have even tried adding rice cereal to it because he loves rice cereal. Is there any other kind of flavoring I can add to it to maybe make it more appealing? I'm desperate. I'm not ready to give up but I can't take the sleep deprivation much longer.

Default Re: ladies... please help. im desperate.

Has your DCP tried spoon feeding milk? What about freezing some milk in an ice cube tray and giving it in a mesh feeder? You were concerned about lipase at one point, correct? Are you scalding your milk?

Some info on bottle alternatives:

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/bre...atives-bottles

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/f...ative-feeding/

Do you cosleep? My son was waking every 2 hours at night at that age even though he was taking milk from a sippy cup just fine. I had to cosleep in order to function.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

I am not scalding as I said in my post we tried freshly pumped milk and got the same reaction. So I don't think its that necessarily. But I was thinking if I added something to it that it might make him want it more. I'm grasping at straws here but I am at my witts end...

Oh and no we don't cosleep. He is in his crib in his own room.

co-sleeping saved my life 5 years ago, we don't use cribs anymore. I know it's not for everyone but it has more benefits. It will also give you the cuddles you didn't have during the day. He might be waking up more often just to spend more time with you. Always remember "this too shall pass"

For reverse cycling co sleeping can really help. How do you feel about safe cosleeping?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

We used to cosleep but we only have a full sized bed so the older he gets the harder it is for all of us. Plus he is waaaaaay too much of a mover for me to feel ok about it now. We have tried recently but he will just crawl right over us. He thinks its play time in our bed. So his sleep ends up suffering.

Also I feel the need to mention that he used to take bottles without ANY issue before all this.

Hmmm...maybe a breastmilk smoothie? Is he eating any fruits/yogurt? ?.....wonder if you could blend a bit of those in with your milk to help "flavor" it.....no experience here, but thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck mama!

Your situation has a few components.
    1. you are sleep deprived
    2. Your LO waits till the nighttime to do the majority of his feeds
    3. Your DCP hasn't figured out a way to get your baby fed.
    #

#3 is independent of the other 2. for even if your LO started to eat/drink your breastmilk there is no guarantee he would not want/need you overnight.
    although I was not a working mommy, I was so distracted/busy with dd1 and dd2 that ds3 waited until everyone else was asleep to get his one on one mommy time.
    I bought an inexpensive futon, put it on the floor and coslept with ds3.
    DH had our bed to himself and he was glad of it. We still found time to be consenting adults and I believe that the cheap futon on the floor saved my sanity and my marriage.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair