Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We did it!!!

Cool We did it!!!

AAAAH! More than anything, this is a celebratory post : WE MADE IT A WHOLE YEAR!!! I am so proud of myself and my champion nursling...DS turned a year old last week but he didn't actually get on my breast till he was 5 days old so now we can officially celebrate a years worth of breastfeeding (more than a year on breast milk though-woohoo!).

I just want to give a shout out to all the mamas out there who are celebrating breastfeeding their babies...whether its a day or a month or a year (and beyond!) I hope you all feel amazing for providing the most natural and beautiful nourishment for your LO! And to any mamas out there struggling: It gets better! AND BETTER! I never thought breastfeeding could get so adventurous and fun and sweet ...Here's to many more months (and years? ) and hopefully more babies!
    Last edited by @llli*emommy706; July 16th, 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: switched DH to DS...guess in all the excitement i mistyped!

Default Re: We did it!!!

Super congratulations!!

Congratulations!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Congratulations!

When we first started out, I didn't understand why people would nurse past a year (I was totally clueless ) but in all honesty, toddler nursing can be so fun and sweet, as you said! And nursing is good to have in your toolbox for those toddler meltdowns
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

Congratulations to you!! We hit the one year mark on July 2... I can't believe how quickly the first year has passed! My DD is still going strong, though she nurses in mush shorter spurts now

She has been running a fever the last couple days and when I spoke to the nurse at her Dr.'s office today I mentioned that DD was still nursing a lot and she was like "Oh wow, that's so great, that's the best thing for her when she's sick! Just nurse as much as you can!" Of course I already knew that but it made me smile...it feels so good to be able to do what's best for my baby

On a side note...I've been so hungry lately! Is this normal for nursing an older baby? It seems like I'm hungrier now than I've ever been while nursing but DD doesn't seem to be nursing any more than she used to. She still nurses probably 5-7x per day but some of the sessions are pretty short, like 2-3min. I still pump about the same amount, maybe a bit less but I also haven't been trying as hard. She eats 3 solid meals a day and is a GREAT eater (the best in her class according to her daycare teachers). Anyone else have this? I'm gonna be in serious trouble when we start to wean...I'm so used to eating for 2!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

and Congratulations on your accomplishment!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Yeah! You grew a toddler!!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

to juliasmommy-

Same here!!! I feel SOOOO hungry despite the fact that DS nurses for less time. HE probably has 3-4 true nursings (he nurses 5-10 minutes) but the other times (between 2-4 more times) he just fiddles and plays and is off in 3 minutes! I feel like I still have plenty of milk but I feel ravenous at every meal...None of my friends have made it this far so no one knows what im talking about!

Congratulations!! My baby is almost 11 months and I am also ravenous over here!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Congratulations!
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014