Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working mom in need of help :/

Default Re: Working mom in need of help :/

Yes yes yes - pump while driving! I promise it can be done safely. May I assume that you are on the road a lot going from foster home to foster home? If so, those are perfect opportunities to pump. It really is easy and will make things so much better for you.
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Thank you all! I do have a hands free bra and pump while driving. I'm actually not on the road that much, however, and i share an office with three others. But after reading all of your posts i understand the importance of continuing to pump. What i was having the most difficulty with was sticking to a schedule and this was causing a lot of stress. i guess i just need to let it go and pump when i can, as often as i can, without stressing too much about it. My pediatrician gave me formula today just in case i need to supplement, but i really hope to use it as little as possible

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pmarie818 View Post
    Thank you all! I do have a hands free bra and pump while driving. I'm actually not on the road that much, however, and i share an office with three others. But after reading all of your posts i understand the importance of continuing to pump. What i was having the most difficulty with was sticking to a schedule and this was causing a lot of stress. i guess i just need to let it go and pump when i can, as often as i can, without stressing too much about it. My pediatrician gave me formula today just in case i need to supplement, but i really hope to use it as little as possible
    I know for me personally, this has been the biggest hurdle for me to overcome! And it's made all the difference in my output...and for my peace of mind. I try to pump at the same time every evening, but sometimes things come up at work and I get a little "behind", or like this morning I'm getting ready to go in for my weekend rotation, the sororities have moved onto campus so I know we'll be insanely busy and if I think about it I start to panic about whether I'll have the time...but I just remind myself to take a deep breath, relax my shoulders, and commit to taking a break as close to every 2 hours as I can

You can do it mama!
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]