I am new to motherhood AND BFing and I have lots of questions regarding pumping
as I prepare to return to work...any help/advice/success stories are greatly appreciated!!
1. How much/how often to pump for freezer stash AND 1x daily bottle feeding
2. Will pumping interfere with his feedings? For instance, i'm afraid to pump while he's napping for fear that he'll wake up ready to eat and I won't have any milk left to offer him.
3. Some days he nurses every 1-2 hours (growth spurt days i assume) and others he will go 4-6 hours without nursing (during long naps and long night stretches) Is this going to mess with my supply?? and should I be pumping during these long stretches of not nursing?
4. How to avoid over supply?
5. Once I return to work I will pump during the day and should I nurse exclusively at night? What about on weekends, do I need to pump??
6. About how many bottles will I need to make for a day at daycare?? I can't tell how many ounces he's drinking while nursing.