Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tears in my eyes...

Default Tears in my eyes...

I hope this isn't inappropriate to post here, but I just wanted to post something nice...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes...happy tears!!

I am nursing Ashelyn (typing one handed ) and she has her little hand relaxed on my breast. She looks so sweet right now. She is going to be 5 weeks old tomorrow. I feel like she was just born. She is this amazing little person and she's growing up before my eyes.

It's so comforting to me to know that this board has helped me overcome obstacles that may have resulted in me giving up on breastfeeding. Reading stories and comments from experienced mothers has been an amazing source of inspiration to me, and for that, I thank you. I stuck through the pain...the constant worrying about my milk production (although I still worry sometimes )...and moments like this make every second of it SO worth it.

Thank you again to all you moms - from the bottom of my heart - for sharing your wisdom & experience with the rest of us. This board is amazing and I will, without a doubt, recommend it to any breastfeeding mother, or mother-to-be, I know.

Yes, I am sappy this evening, but I mean every word of it.

Default Re: Tears in my eyes...

You are so welcome! I too love this board, it has really helped me to understand how important community is and also the mother to mother support that LLL is built on Congrats!! Brittan-

I'm sooo happy for you. Mine will be 6mo next week and I can remember my water breaking like it was yesterday. I had NO IDEA what was in store for me but every minute of it has been a blessing. As well as finding this site with all of the support. Give that baby a big hug from me too.

It's great because we are all here because of some problem/s we faced and through the help of each other we can work them out. So glad things are getting to where you can embrace and enjoy your bfing relationship.

This is the best time of our lives I believe! This forum also helped me through my difficult breastfeeding days! My LO will be 6 months in a couple days, and I am sooo glad I stuck w/ Bf'ing!! Its just such a wonderful feeling and such a bond b/w you and lo!

Debi--I'm so glad you stuck with it! You are awesome! We Moms have to go through so much the first month..just getting used to everything. Babies are truly a miracle..and we can to see this miracle every day for the rest of our lives!!

Debi I totally agree w/ everything you wrote! This board is so wonderful and I know it has helped me have a good BFing experience w/ Chloe!

Debi I just noticed you live in CT! RI here! How cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DebiMommyTo2 View Post
    Yes, I am sappy this evening, but I mean every word of it.
    Your "sappiness" is my paycheck! We SO enjoy hearing the success stories! You are very kind to post this happy update; please know that many mothers will likewise be inspired by your posts to persist through their own breastfeeding difficulties.

Your not sappy at all.. You are just speaking what all of us are feeling.. I know that this board has helped me so much... I really think I would be lost without it.. I have learned so much here.. Thank you .. My LO is finally rolling over like crazy today 1st time.. It is such an amazing journey we all are going through..amazing.
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Talking Re: Tears in my eyes...

Yes the bf relationship is sooooo wonderful It is the specila looks our loved ones gives you while nursing