Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best breast pads?

Default Best breast pads?

I have OALD and some oversupply (both improving with block feeding and as baby gets older) and I am constantly soaking through breast pads (the worst is when I am nursing on one side, the other side lets down as well). I would prefer to continue using cotton, washable pads, but I'll try others at this point. Does anyone have a recommendation that is healthy for me and baby, besides swapping pads out at every feed?

Thank you!

Default Re: Best breast pads?

I love these washable breast pads! I can wear one pair all day. I would soak through the regular cotton ones at one feeding. I have a good supply and strong letdown also.
    http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine...ds-3pairs.html

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

You might want to look into wool breastpads, like these. They are pricey, but people LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are supposed to reduce the amount of clogged ducts you get, by keeping your breasts warmer. Wool can hold twice its weight in fluids without feeling damp or soaking your skin.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I knitted myself some wool breast pads and love them. It doesn't itch my skin. I typically avoid wool sweaters because of the itch factor but the merino wool really is different. Oh, and ive had OALD though it's calming down finally.
    Proud Wife to my Kyler 10/02/08
    Proud Mum to our Sarah 07/03/10 and Laura 02/03/12

Btdt: CS & VBAC
    Enjoying BFing- so much better the 2nd time (thanks lll ladies!)
    I love to with my Beco butterfly 2 and enjoying
    Happy SAHM, & Backyard farmer (I <3 chickens! [hoping to raise sheep for my budding fibre art passion, maybe a cow for a growing cheese habit ])

Wool.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

If you do try a disposable option, I really like the Johnson's ones (I find them softer and more comfortable than the other brands I've tried).

I have wool but was too lazy to wash them and they are $$$

The kind I linked can be thrown with regular laundry and have never leaked or caused wet skin due to the soft PUL on the outside, soaker pad on the inside, and microfleece touching the skin. I love love love them. Just sayin.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I second washable ones Molly linked but if you want disposable I d Lansinoh
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07