Re: Hey all, appreciate the help!
hi mama, congratulations!
can you tell us more about:
- your trouble getting started
- how you know she's full or not
- how often she's nursing, and for how long
- how many wet & poop diapers in 24 hours
- what nursing feels like (comfortable? painful? what do your nipples look like after? same on both sides?)
- why and how often you're pumping, how much comes out, and what pump?
in general, the thing to do is nurse at earliest cue as frequently as possible, for as long as baby wants. at this age, that's going to be AT LEAST 10-12 times per 24 hours, not necessarily spread out evenly, and could be more at night than during the day.
pumping is NOT a good indicator of supply.
Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.