Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: skipping nursing sessions

Default skipping nursing sessions

My LO is 6months, seemed to skip two nursing sessions. She usually eats before going to sleep but didn't today. Just wanted to double check, at 6months she wouldn't sleep well if she was hungry, right? She wouldn't sleep through and not cry with me right there..?

TIA
    Mother of 3 beautiful girls, and expecting baby number 4 in July

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

Default Re: skipping nursing sessions

just keep offering! and keep an eye on her output to make sure she's getting enough. maybe something's off for her today. did she skip 2 in a row? does she get swaddled or pacifier? is she eating any solids? as long as she nursed well overnight and this morning i wouldn't worry about it.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

No pacifiers, bottles, or solids, and no swaddling. She nurses well at night but we cosleep so by the time we actually wake in the morning she won't eat til early afternoon. She is happy and alert, I seem to change her diaper all the time. She would go to sleep without nursing, maybe less then a minute if I tried offering inspite of no cues. I would lay her in her playpen and she would sprawl out and sleep. She usuallly nurses in between everything we do. Biggest change of the day was that we went for a walk.

I just wanted to make sure that a happy, healthy, alert 6 month old would make a fuss if she's hungry.

Thanks, I did offer everytime she woke up or when she got fussy, but she wasn't interested much yesterday. We did good today though

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

Heads-up: she might be teething. Babies sometimes skip nursing sessions when their gums are sore.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

She is teething, one has poked through. She's nibbled a couple times but she usually nurses well...

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

teething can be rough. hang in there!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.