Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We are done

Default Re: We are done

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Honestly, I feel like I got my life back. I had to get up to go to work this morning, and that extra hour of sleep after a very long day of moving was terrific. I've loved going to bed and just going to bed, not having to stay up for an hour to pump.

I packed my pump. It's in the hall closet at the new house. I haven't once felt like I made a mistake or wish I hadn't quit. It was time.

Congratulations on your accomplishment, Susan! Nursing or pregnant or both for over 9 years - that's something for me to shoot for. I'm only at a measly 7.5 now.
    Seriously, I look up to your example and your perseverance!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Thanks for sharing your story, Susan. Congratulations, and good luck with the new house!
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

Thank you for sharing your journey. You did an incredible job and the best you could do. Know that.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Susan! I don't really come on here very much anymore. But I randomly thought I'd check tonite. And I am all that you did such an AMAZING job pumping so long and that you totally owned your mutual decision with Gavin to quit. to you mama, .

&
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

Katia! Are you still pumping?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Way to go Susan!! You rock!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Katia! Are you still pumping?
    Lol hi! It has been so busy. I am! I returned my Symphony on the 5th and am getting by with the PISA. Not getting a whole lot (about 4 oz), but hoping to get it back up now that I have my PISA with the car adaptor back (I lent it to another mom).

Miss you! You really did an awesome job!!! I have totally told my mom friends about you