Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are done

Default Re: We are done

Now that is awesome news! Hope the unpacking goes quickly!

Our beds are still at one house, horses at the other. It's crazy. Technically, we are still moving Haven't even finished totally packing!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Bummer! I hate that feeling of being in two separate places at once!

Wow, amazing story! Thanks for sharing how things ended. I'm so happy that you don't regret stopping, so that you can look back on your EP experience without guilt. Thanks so much for your words of advice and inspiration to the rest of us -- I hope you still stop in even if you're no longer pumping! (Though I don't know when you'll find time, lol.)
    Karin
    mom to Miles (9/7/11)

Way to go Susan! 18 months is an incredible gift for Gavin. Enjoy the farm!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    That's awesome Susan!

ETA: Now if you want to, you can stay up that extra hour and sew!

You are totally my heroine!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

You're awesome Susan!! You should feel so proud!!! Best of luck in your new place!
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kbcross View Post
    Wow, amazing story! Thanks for sharing how things ended. I'm so happy that you don't regret stopping, so that you can look back on your EP experience without guilt. Thanks so much for your words of advice and inspiration to the rest of us -- I hope you still stop in even if you're no longer pumping! (Though I don't know when you'll find time, lol.)
    I don't regret stopping, but I do regret the following:

That I didn't take my own advice and try to always finish with the breast, even though he couldn't nurse without help, and he usually fell asleep and I needed him to sleep so I could pump the next feeding.
    I regret not persevering with the Lact-Aid.
    I regret dropping to 2 sessions when I did. I might have been able to pump longer before my milk got salty.
    I regret taking that Sudafed when I did while pregnant. It might have caused his cleft. There is a link, albeit a small one, but it's there. I thought it would be fine. I was miserable. It might not have been the cause, but I wish I could take it back.

I do not regret not following the typical cleft feeding advice of feeding on a schedule and feeding a set amount. He had the privilege of always eating when he wanted and how much he wanted, even though it was from a feeder and not me.

I don't regret doing BLS with him, something that again isn't recommended for a cleft baby. "they" say they need purees. He did much better with whole foods.

I also do not regret letting him have 2-4 oz of cow's milk at 10 months. It helped takes the pressure off me to EP quite as much, as I had hit the 9 month wall and struggled to make enough after that, but adding in more sessions was virtually impossible due to our lifestyle. He did great. It was his lunch beverage, and he loved it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story, Susan.

Congratulations, its wonderful to hear your story.
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!