Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are done

Default Re: We are done

Susan, you have nothing to regret. You have a beautiful, healthy baby that you have nourished by the best means available to him. Celebrate that!

Now with your new farm you can concentrate on creating a flourishing a wonderful family home!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

You grew 4 boys. You should be beaming with pride. And despite needing to pump for Gavin your body still gave him everything he needed. Change is hard but everything you have to look forward to is just as important and great. You did it!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

congratulations on your hard work and your hard-earned rest!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Congratulations! You are an amazing mom. 18months is a great accomplishment. It sounds like the perfect time for both of you.

Wow Susan, what an amazing thing you've done!!

Lots of hugs as you transition into your new norm (though sounds like the farm will be keeping you plenty busy!!).

Thanks for sharing such a feat!
    Punk-rock luvin mate to DH and mama to DD1 (born '03) , DD2 (born '08) and nursling DS (born '11) who survived infant botulism.

You are truly an inspiration.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

You did such an amazing thing for your son! WTG Susan and now you can enjoy making a new normal at your dream home!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Honestly, I feel like I got my life back. I had to get up to go to work this morning, and that extra hour of sleep after a very long day of moving was terrific. I've loved going to bed and just going to bed, not having to stay up for an hour to pump.

I packed my pump. It's in the hall closet at the new house. I haven't once felt like I made a mistake or wish I hadn't quit. It was time.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That's awesome Susan!

ETA: Now if you want to, you can stay up that extra hour and sew!

Once I unpack all the sewing stuff. It's insane how much stuff I have. But I will have my own sewing room!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!