Re: not nursing for long at a time
That all sounds very normal. Some babies are quick, efficient nursers from very early on. Evening fussiness (a.k.a. "evenings-only colic" or "the witching hour(s)") is also textbook normal for 8 week old babies. Some things which may help:
- Nurse. Nurse nurse nurse nurse nurse.
- Calm house- lights, tv, and stereo down or off.
- White noise (like the static between stations on the radio, or the sound of the vaccuum cleaner)
- Motion- rock in a rocker, swing in a swing, ride in a stroller, bounce on an exercise ball, etc.
- Closeness: wear baby close to your body in a sling, where she can hear your soothing heartbeat and breathing
- Warm bath- this worked miracles for my girls!
- Fresh air- taking baby outside is another surefire soothing technique!
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"