Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething already?!?

Question Teething already?!?

I'll try to make this quick....has anyone else had their LO start teething at 9-10 weeks?!? My DD has been fussy lately, which in another post I thought may have been caused by me going back to work some, etc, but she's been drooling, bubbling and loves for me to rub her bottom gum in front...where I can see two little teeth under the surface!
    This also freaks me out a little, since she might not understand yet not to try them out on Mommy's nipples if they actually come in soon!

Default Re: Teething already?!?

DS's two bottom teeth came in right as he turned 5 months, which means he started all the teething stuff at 4 months. Your DD is a little younger than that, but it's not unheard of!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Its not a very common age to get first teeth, my son got his around 5 months. But kids teethe at different ages and some take longer to cut through. But its definitely not something to fear as far as nursing. A proper latch, with the tongue over the bottom gums/teeth, will protect your nipple. I was only bit a few times and it was never enough to draw blood and it was always at the end of a nursing session. If you find that he is chewing your nipple, unlatch and relatch to refocus him. Or it may be teething pain so a cold wash cloth to chew on before nursing might help.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

My best friends son had 2 bottom teeth by the time he was 2 and half months hes all most 7 months now with 4 teeth. My son whos all most 6 month on the other hand has no teeth coming in yet he dont seem to be teething really either but than again sissy was teething about 8 to 9 months so I figure he will be like her. Like most things babys will do things on there own time some fast some slower. I was told once that her teeth were stronger because she teethed later than when I took her to the dentist in first grade for a check up and asked about her still not losing any baby teeth she said that the longer the adult teeth took to come in meant the enamel would be stronger.

DD was 4.5 months when she got her teeth. She's never tried to bite me every kid is different.
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14 nursing like a champ and growing like a weed!