Thread: Confused?

Question Confused?

I thought u weren't suppose to get your period
    While bfing. I have been bfing for 13months
    I would say she nurses about 5 times a day
    If not more. Should I have gotten my monthly
    Friend by now?

Default Re: Confused?

Also I would like to go out with my hubby on a date in 2 weeks. I always nurse on demand l. How much milk should I give to sitter for her? Any tips on how to keep her some what comforted through the night since I won't be there and we are use to co sleeping?

Your menstrual cycle can return at any time while you are breastfeeding. Many nursing mothers get their cycle back within a few months of giving birth. Others will go a year or more without having a cycle, and a few will not get their cycles back until their babies are completely weaned. The average time until return of fertility is about 15.5 months, but there is enormous variation around that average! So there's no reason to think that you "should" get your cycle at any time during breastfeeding, but every reason to expect that you could. That's why it's important to use birth control in addition to breastfeeding if you don't meet all the criteria for the lactational amenorrhea method and/or you're not ready for more children.

With regard to the date night, who is the sitter? Family member, someone your child knows well, or just a random person? And is baby used to taking a bottle? And will you be gone all night?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

The sitter is my Mother In Law. My daughter will take a bottle. I don't know how often she will do it because she has never had to go more then a few hrs w/o me. Now that she is 13 months I have no clue how much breast milk she needs? She will drink water too. I have never given her juice. She eats fairly well but still enjoys bfing. Mostly night time and early morning. Or basically anytime she wants to go to bed. I will be staying over night at a hotel. So I am extremely nervous. Although my husband thinks it will be good for us to get away. Which it is long overdue, we haven't went out together since I've had dd. yet alone slept by ourselves in the same. bed lol. I am nervous.

Thank u for thee advice on my menstrual cycle. I thought I might need to start It because I have been reading through the forums and have read some about how moms have started there cycle. Which in return made me nervous.

Since you will be separated from baby only one night, really no reason to be concerned about how much milk to leave, at this age, esp. if your baby eats solids and drinks water at all. I would leave some, what you can pump easily between now and then, it might be comforting to your daughter to have it, but I would not stress about it.

13 months can be a tough time for sep anxiety, so it may be a long night for your MIL. But every baby is different! It may be fine.

I would suggest a short outing prior to this long one, or maybe doing a few short outings of 2-4 hours before such a long one. Your baby will in all likelihood be fine but you may not have fun you will be so stressed.