Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble breastfeeding . . . LC says baby is tight?

Default Re: Trouble breastfeeding . . . LC says baby is tight?

do you suspect you have os or oald?

I don't think so. It takes a while for my let down to come. Also, he barely softens my breast when he breastfeeds, and when I pump it gets much softer (and I am only able to pump 30 oz a day if I exclusively pump). So, I don't think I have OS or OALD. I think he is just frustrated that he isn't getting milk. If anything, I think I have under active let down, at least it seems that way when I am pumping. lol

Hi I pm'd you lmm. FYI

I think it is pretty clear the issue is poor milk transfer. Even with a sns baby was unable to transfer milk well as I recall. The question is WHY.

I do not know anything about these alternative therapies, but I have seen/heard of bowen therapy and, more often, cranial sacral therapy for latch issues. IBCLCs I know and trust suggest cranial sacral work sometimes, and some may also suggest bowen I think but its more 'new", around here, anyway. But I also wonder if there are other less pricey practitioners. In any case, you could research it a bit.

Something really confused me about the b4 and after weight check.
    We did do a pre and post feed weight. He actually lost a tenth of a pound after "feeding" for twenty minutes.
    Do you mean your baby lost 1.6 ounces in 20 minutes? This is very, very odd. Did baby poop, or pee? That all needs to be taken into account when doing before and after nursing weight checks. Did the LC suggest doing another before and after weight check? Was her scale ounces or grams?

Sorry, I meant a tenth of an ounce. lol