Re: Fussy, crying, pulling at the breast...
My baby fussed a lot at the breast. Some of it was due to an insane overactive letdown (nursing in a reclined position was a lifesaver for that), some of it was due to slowing of the flow after letdown, and some of it was due to who knows what. Here are some things that helped me get my baby calm enough to nurse:
- Latch/nurse while walking with my baby in a sling or carrier or just in my arms.
- Latch/nurse while bouncing my baby on my knee.
- Latch/nurse while rocking and singing.
- Nurse with music playing (pretty loud sometimes).
- Nurse outside while on a walk with my son in the sling/carrier or sitting on the deck.
- Nurse in the bath.
K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).