Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help! Nipples bleeding

Default Need help! Nipples bleeding

LLLadies, it's been a while! Life has gotten busy and haven't had much time to get on here. I'm blocked at work now . I need some help! DS broke his front tooth and we can't get into the dentist until at least next week. He doesn't seen to be in pain but I AM! Both nipples are bleeding and extremely sore. It just happened yesterday and I'm in more pain than I can stand. I'm really scared this is going to be the end of nursing for us and we ARE NOT READY. He is three yrs old and still nurses through the night and two to three times during the day (sometimes more). He knows he is hurting me and tells me sorry then just sits there holding my nipple in his mouth trying to not hurt me its so sad that our favorite time is painful and sad right now. It breaks my heart! Please give me suggestions to get us through until next week.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Default Re: Need help! Nipples bleeding

I never used them, so I don't know exactly but do you think he'd tolerate a nipple shield until you could get to the dentist? You could just explain that it's to protect you from being hurt just for a little while?

Also, in terms of healing I have had some pretty bad injuries (biting) and I have a mix of neosporin, lotrimin, and hydrocortisone that clears up what lanolin won't. Wash it off before nursing, obviously.

Poor kiddo and poor mama!

Default Re: Need help! Nipples bleeding

We can't get into the dentist until Thursday but they did let me stop in Saturday afternoon to get dental wax. He hates it but when I tell him it makes "ni-ni'ing" not hurt Mommy he allows it. With the dental wax it is bearable but the stuff comes off very easily and about 1 am I wake up screaming again. Looks like my little guy will end up with several baby crowns but we are pushing through this troubling time and will not let this be the end of nursing for us. I've faced some hard times nursing DS3 and this is just another hurdle to get over. I thought about trying a shield but I don't think he would go for it at all!
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton