Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food ideas for 11 month old and Baby Led

Default Food ideas for 11 month old and Baby Led

Hi my DD prefers feeding herself but I could use some ideas for meals...I normally give her whatever I'm eating and let her pick up from her high chair.

Also can babies eat eggs? I haven't given her yogurt yet but was thinking of adding it.

Default Re: Food ideas for 11 month old and Baby Led

Eggs are highly allergenic and should be delayed until 12 months (according to my pediatrician).

If your baby is happy eating table foods, there's no reason not to just continue with them. But some good BLS foods include:
    - beans
    - soft, shredded meats
    - tofu pieces
    - cheerios
    - toast fingers
    - soft fruits cut into spears
    - steamed lightly mashed veggies (sweet potato, carrot, regular potatos)
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Apples slices, artichokes, Cucumber spears, I liked to let my son dip toast crust into yogurt, String cheese, Pinto beans, Quesadillas cut into strips that are easy to pick up. Celery, Blueberries, Sweet potato fries, Watermelon.
    Don't feed your baby anything salty until after the year point . (So no bacon or pickles) and we also didn't do Strawberries or nuts until after the year point. And we avoided all citrus. So no orange or tangerine or Tomatoes.

Way too lazy for formula

My daughter is eleven months and she adores cherry tomatoes out of the garden; I pick them and usually skin them with my teeth first, I do this to make myself feel better--I know she could do it; she doesn't have any top teeth yet, just two bottoms. My daughter will not eat much jarred baby food; she's like bxmom's babe--whatever I'm eating is good. I'm sort of struggling with this as well...........
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Kelly Mom and most other reliable sources say to wait on Tomatoes and other citrus until 12-18months. http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starti...ods/#foodchart

Way too lazy for formula