Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I doing the right thing?

Default Re: Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks auderey! I sure hope we get there in the end! I'm pretty persistent :-)

Just wanted to let you ladies know that with your encouragement I saw a lactation consultant last night. She seems to think we still have a chance of getting rid of the bottles. She suggested using a SNS so I guess I'll be looking to purchase one of those and get the ball rolling. After nursing on just one side DD only took in .7oz so I will keep pumping to keep up my supply and hopefully when I get started on the SNS we can get off the bottles and increase the milk supply. I plan to visit with another consultant as well just to see what her ideas are.

Again, thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. I'm only sorry we didn't seek help sooner. But the consultant is very positive and encouraging :-) We will get there yet!!

Yay! I'm glad you're getting help! And I'm not surprised to hear that the LC was positive and encouraging, because there is really every reason to believe that you will be able to EBF this baby if you continue to persevere.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

awesome!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.