So, yesterday, I had an appt with an ENT (referred by my IBCLC) to get my daughter's PTT snipped. After talking to the ENT, I backed out. He made it sound so scary! "Quite a bit of blood, tenderness, tongue exercises in post care". He told me that he thought in her case, things would improve and to just keep at it. In his opinion, as her mouth grew, breastfeeding would get better for both of us.
The issue I have with this is that I already have a low supply (she's 2.5 weeks old and we've been dealing with bad latching, long feedings, etc) I don't think we can afford to "wait it out".
Meanwhile, the IBCLC still thinks I should get it snipped.
I rescheduled and we're suppose to go in tomorrow to have it done. I'm really nervous but, I feel like we're on the road to major supplementation if I don't do this.